Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Feliz Navidad



Merry Christmas! We finished our first term at Baja Bible and now both staff and students are on break visiting family and friends in the states.

I wanted to share with you something that I have really enjoyed in the pre-Christmas season in Tijuana; cars dressed up like reindeers! I first saw cars driving by the Castillo in November sporting both antlers and a nose. As we moved into December, I saw many, many cars decorated with this seasonal flair. It is a strange thing, but I really enjoyed seeing the festive cars drive by. See for yourself...




But, it does get better. The students were entertained by me. I was easily distracted by these reindeer cars as we were out driving in the city. So, one morning, to my delight, I found my little Subaru decorated for Christmas too! Before leaving for Christmas break, I did get a chance to drive around Tijuana displaying the antlers. I decided to remove my antlers before crossing the border as I wondered about them flying off. I was informed by the border guard however, (he asked where my antlers were after spotting the nose), that they would be fine at high speeds :-)




Another fun holiday shot... coffee at the local Starbucks. My name is very confusing in Spanish :-)



No comments: