Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome to Tijuana

Hi from Tijuana!  I made it home from language school and have been settling in at the Castillo.  I returned from Chiapas to find my new room waiting for me.  I have really enjoyed making it my new home for this next year.  As you can see in the photo, I have a view outside of my front door, and then a ladder to take me up to my loft.  It is currently a storage loft, but a loft none the less.  

The current projects at the Castillo have involved working on dorm rooms and finishing housing for the incoming staff members.  This year at Baja Bible there will be 8 staff members living on site and preparing for the upcoming school year.  It is our hope to open the school to students in the fall of 2009.


I have been learning some new construction skills, so here I am learning how to tile sinks.  The other highlight that day was learning how to use power tools... a tile cutter.  That was a new one for me!


















Here is a photo of the current staff living at the Castillo.  We took day to visit the beach after church last Sunday.


















It has also been a neat time to have guests visit the Castillo.  We had the Baja Bible board meeting this past weekend, which meant friends from Oregon were here to visit. I enjoyed catching up with Becky and yes true to our days at Ecola, we had some coffee together.  Michael is also on the board and was able to stay for our beach/Starbucks outing.  It was refreshing to see good friends from home.  





1 comment:

Mama Griffith, said...

looks like your starting to carve a real nitch for yourself there. its good to see pics! say hi to stephany for me.